Thursday, January 27, 2011

Top 10 Snow Excuses for Business Professionals

By Chris Daley

The Northeast has once again been pounded by a snowstorm. This inspired me – in David Letterman fashion – to come up with the “Top 10 Snow Excuses for Business Professionals.” Unlike teachers, we really don’t get “snow days,” but that doesn’t mean we can’t get creative and find ways to blame the snow for not being able to make it in to work.

Here goes:

10) I live in the city, if I leave my house I won’t be able to get a parking spot when I come back.
9) They haven’t plowed the back roads yet.
8) My kids are off from school, I need to stay home and be with them.
7) Power’s out at my house. I need to stay home and wait for BGE to come out and fix it.
6) I don’t have any hot water, so I don’t think anyone wants me coming in and smelling up the office.
5) My dogs paws are burning from the salt on the sidewalks - I need to stay home and take care of him.
4) When I went to the store they were out of shovels, so I can’t dig out.
3) It’s not me, I’m afraid of the other people on the roads.
2) The news said we might get 6 more inches this afternoon.
1) I think the Governor called for a State of Emergency.

I’m sure there are many more. If you have one, please contribute to the list. Us business professionals can never have too many excuses.

Stay safe everyone!

Chris Daley is Senior Account Executive at Maroon PR. Contact him at Chris@MaroonPR.com

No comments:

Post a Comment